System Engineer – Mechanical
- 3 June 2022
As system engineer at Echandia you will have a varied work with a lot of responsibility. You will play a key role in a team of skilled engineers. You will be the expert of our designs and systems and work in projects and act as the technical point of contact for our customers, supporting them in questions regarding function, interface, installation, commissioning, and other technical topics. Together with a project manager and engineering colleagues you will be the main interface between customers, purchasing, production, aftermarket and sales. You will support production when the need arises and you will take part in our factory acceptance testing before delivering the system to customer. In addition to being the technical expert on our existing systems you will also design, develop, and test our future systems.
This role also includes the following key activities:
- Mechanical and electrical development of battery systems
- CAD modelling
- Participate and take responsibility in our FMEA work
- Reviewing and managing stakeholder requirements
- Customer meetings and visits
- Writing technical specifications and test reports
- Maintaining and being responsible for the product BOM
- Commissioning of our systems at customer site, which involves occasional travelling
- Configuration management
- Support the project manager with time estimates, planning and reporting
- Support purchasing with technical knowledge
- Support sales with technical input and expertise
Who we are looking for…
You should enjoy a high tempo and a dynamic working environment. You like troubleshooting and fixing problems and don’t get easily stressed with tight deadlines. You can read schematics and understand system designs. You are independent but equally comfortable and used to working in a team. In this role you will thrive by being forward leaning and eager to take on new tasks.
For the role as System Engineer we see that you have Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, Electrical Engineering, Automation & Mechatronics or relevant years of experience from a similar role.
Your main focus is mechanical design where you have experience of creating both 3D and 2D drawings in Inventor or similar. You should possess electrical knowledge and understand technical specifications of a broad range to address customer concerns.
Whether you are early in your career or more senior, you are motivated by challenges and a versatile work. You are responsible and solution oriented with good communication skills.
- Experience of battery management systems and/or charging systems
- Experience working with DC systems (24-1500V)
- Experience working with classification societies like DNV or BV
What you get…
At Echandia you’ll find great opportunities to develop and build the business as well as your own career. You’ll get to work with leading technology and contribute to the global climate targets by electrification of maritime applications.
Information about the position
- Fixed monthly salary
- Location: Solna
For more information and to apply, please send your CV and a personal letter to Sabina Dahlin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about Echandia: www.echandiagroup.com